Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New kayak
Taylor88 Offline
Guppy

New kayak
I just picked up a volador angler kayak, I’m going to say I may have gotten a little excited and jumped the gun on this purchase. As I try to find reviews on it and how stable it really is, i come up empty handed. Has anyone ever used one and if so what’s your thoughts on them.

[Image: 79757dde6ee7e95def4ba09f5e9cd1f3.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-06-2017 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clay Offline

RE: New kayak
While I am not familiar with that specific boat, it makes me think two things. I would find out who actually manufactured the boat. Many times a single manufacturer will build boats for several boat distributors with different brand names on them. Then you can look at the other boats and the reps of those boats that the manufacturer made. This should give you a better idea about the quality of the product.

My second thought is to Not Sweat the Details now. Go get that thing wet and have fun. Learn about your skill set as a fisherman and about kayaking safety (you did get a PFD and are going to wear it when out in the boat). After you learn more about the hobby, you might very well pick a different boat for your second one. This shouldn't stop you from having a blast in the boat that you just bought.

Bottom line: get out from behind the computer screen and onto the water and that WILL put a big smile on your face. Welcome to the addiction.
12-08-2017 02:00 PM
edfrombama Offline
Guppy

Good morning- I agree with the previous responder. The reputation or background of a boat doesn't really matter. Get it on the water and see how you like it. Catch a fish- you'll find that there's no such thing as a really bad fishing kayak.
From the picture, that looks like a very promising kayak- let us know what you catch-
Ed
12-09-2017 06:53 AM
Taylor88 Offline
Guppy

New kayak
Hey guys, thanks for your words of wisdom, I got the yak wet yesterday in a small pond to test her out, not a great day of fishing but was a great learning experience. Defiantly figured out what I need to improve it with accessories for the upcoming season. Still not comfortable to stand up In it yet tho. As for the PFD yes I bought that before the kayak(got to be safe out there on the water). Thanks again for your thoughts and knowledge.

12-09-2017 12:54 PM
edfrombama Offline
Guppy

(12-09-2017 12:54 PM)Taylor88 Wrote:  Hey guys, thanks for your words of wisdom, I got the yak wet yesterday in a small pond to test her out, not a great day of fishing but was a great learning experience. Defiantly figured out what I need to improve it with accessories for the upcoming season. Still not comfortable to stand up In it yet tho. As for the PFD yes I bought that before the kayak(got to be safe out there on the water). Thanks again for your thoughts and knowledge.

Taylor- If I were you, I'd wait until the water is just a bit warmer before I do too much standing up. Not all kayaks- nor kayakers- are designed for easy standing. I expect you'll find most of your fishing will come about from the sitting position.
I do think that's a very attractive looking kayak.
Ed
12-09-2017 03:43 PM
Taylor88 Offline
Guppy

New kayak
Thanks Ed for the advice, ya no plans on standing to often, just wanted to get it in some water to find my comfort level, so use to a boat this is a whole new way of fishing for me. Also helped me plan out for my accessories and where I’d like to mount them, all ready itching for the new season in the spring

12-09-2017 06:50 PM
charleswilbourn Offline
Guppy

Thanks for the very good suggestions.Vibe kayaks are by far one of the best fishing Kayak companies in the business. Vibe Kayaks carry a wide range of fishing Kayaks, recreational kayaks, safety equipment, and any and all type of accessories to make your yaks stand out and fit anyone's needs. Once you see a vibe you will think to yourself these yaks have to be a pretty penny. Not at all vibe understands that at the end of the day all they care about is helping you get out on the water and start your adventure.

Charles WilbournBig GrinBig Grin
12-11-2017 12:30 AM